Our Adoption Timeline for Baby V's Adoption
Friday, January 12, 2007
2004

December 22, 2004 - Submitted Drivers License and Criminal History Check Forms

December 29, 2004 - Submitted first part of Formal Application and $200 application fee (in order to lock in 2004 agency fees before they were raised in 2005 - V was born 20 days later)

2005

January 18, 2005 - V was born (of course we didn't know this at the time)

April 26, 2005 - Submitted I-600 A Application to Adopt Foreign Orphan

May 12, 2005 - Submitted Application packet to agency


May 17, 2005 - Re-Accreditation came through!!


June 7, 2005 - Application Approved

June 9, 2005 - Home Study Social Worker assigned and Home Study scheduled

June 30, 2005 - Home Study visit by Social Worker (more or less an update since we'd already adopted D through this agency)

July 19, 2005 - Home Study approved and Dossier Requirements received

August 12, 2005 - Fingerprinted in Dallas (NW Highway location) for I-171H approval

August 18, 2005 - Dossier completed, but Texas would enact a $100 cap on apostilles per adoption on September 1, so waiting till after the first of September to send (thank Goodness we did!)

August 20, 2005 - RECEIVED APPROVAL FOR I-171H! Eight days from fingerprints to mailbox!!

August 20, 2005 - Attended one full day Educational Seminar at the agency (since it was our second adoption, we only had to attend one day instead of the full two days)

September 6, 2005 - Sent entire Dossier packet to Austin for Apostilles

September 19, 2005 - Dossier hand delivered to agency.



** Let me add that we changed regions during this time. We originally thought we would not be able to go to the same region D came from, so had prepared our dossier for a different region, then in late October we learned we could register in D's region so we had to update a few things and then it was submitted.**



December, 2005 - Somewhere in the first two weeks of December our dossier was finally registered in our region.

2006
January 18, 2006 - V turned One-Year-Old

February 4, 2006 - Attended our agency's Russian Culture Day, (given a hint that good news was coming soon!)

February 9, 2006- Received V's referral!!! She was 12 months 22 days old at referral.


February 14, 2006 - Accepted V's referral - Happy Valentines Day!

February 18, 2006 - Got our travel dates for first trip

March 1, 2006 - Left Dallas to go to Moscow

March 2, 2006 - Arrived Moscow

March 5, 2006 - Train to region

March 6, 2006 - Arrived in region

March 6, 2006 - Met Baby V

March 7, 2006 - Visited Baby V

March 8, 2006 - Left Baby V

March 11, 2006 - Arrive back in Dallas

March-April, 2006 - Re-do most of dossier

April 12, 2006 - Fed Ex redone dossier to agency

May 17, 2006 - Agency's Russian Accreditation expires

August 11, 2006 - Received update on V's growth and development

October 13-20, 2006 - Go to region only to visit V

2007
January 12, 2007 - still waiting

January 18, 2007 - V's Second Birthday

February 20, 2007 - Re-applied for I-600A which expired on February 18. Sent big stack and $545.

March 6, 2007 - One year anniversary of meeting V

11 Comments:
Blogger 6blessings said...
I'm so sorry. I can't imagine your pain. It just isn't fair. God is with her. He is watching over her. I pray for you guys all the time. I see her birthday will be in a few days. Again, I'm so sorry.

Blogger Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Lisa said...
Yahoo! I'm back in... yesterday your blog did not like me and wouldn't let me leave a comment!

I was trying to say... hang in there, I know the end is approaching now. Counting down from something less than 90 days now. We ARE gonna get there soon. The wait has been horrendous and it has to have been 1000x worse for you, having already met Baby V and waiting to bring her home. But we're in the home stretch. Hold on!

Hugs, Lisa

Blogger Melissa said...
Do you have any idea of when you will get a court date and go back for her? This just kills me!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I can't imagine how hard it must be to wait and wait, please know that each and everyday I (and probably many many others) pray for you and V and hope you are together forever soon.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
This will happen! You will bring her home! I can only imagine your frustration and pain. Please know that so very many people are praying for your family and for V that she gets what she needs until you are there for her.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh what a long, hard wait. We waited almost exactly 12 months from referral to bringing our son home and it was SO hard... one of the hardest thing I've ever lived through, I think. I hope your timeline speeds up from here on out.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Suz, If I am understanding correctly, I know that the waiting must be very difficult. Especially after visiting baby "V" and holding her and then having to leave her and go very far away. The pain you must be feeling...immense, I'm sure! All I can say is that God see's your tears and He knows the pain you are feeling. Just hang on to Jesus...as someone reminded me very recently...
Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
I pray joy comes quickly for you all.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Ouch. Just ouch.

Blogger Jennefer said...
I believe that things are going to start happening soon. I have heard a lot of good rumors stirring. I hope it is not too much longer for you! We purchased shoes for Pineapple in Russia and the shoe size was 20- so they have a different size system. She doesn't have any other shoes to compare to in our sizes. However, maybe there is a comparison chart on the internet somewhere. Keep your hopes up!

Blogger Esther said...
Hang in there Suz. Jeremiah 29:11.

Know that I care.

-Esther


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™