Good Housekeeping Institute's approved adoption related items . . .
Sunday, December 31, 2006
Who knew Good Housekeeping Institute would have information useful for parents adopting from Russia!

Just a few months ago, I told Debbie how happy I am that we purchased a Printer/Copier/Scanner/Fax early in this adoption process. It has been a lifesaver to have all these "services" right here in our own home while compiling our dossier and updating the never ending paperwork. Having color copies from home is wonderful! We paid about $98 for our HP Printer/Copier/Scanner/Fax at Sam's Club. But in the newest issue of the Good Housekeeping magazine, the GH Institute tested out all the makes and models and have hailed that the Lexmark X5470 (about $100) is "a cinch to use and the printer churned out higher-quality photos than some professional labs."

Secondly, the Good Housekeeping Institute tested which boots will really keep you warm and dry. The top winner of this test came out to be L. L. Bean's Insulated Comfort Boots ($39.50) which "aced [their] water-resistance and themal tests."

Now you know!
4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Wishing you and your family all joy in 2007!

(I've got some LL Bean boots that keep my feet warm and dry ALL winter! Love them!)

Blogger 6blessings said...
I couldn't have survived the adoption process without our printer/copier/scanner. I had received it for my bday right before we started the process. My dh kept saying he didn't know why we needed a printer with a copier. I told him I would use it a lot. Boy, I had no idea how much!!! Totally valuable.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
lol I'm sure the folks at good housekeeping were thinking of you when they wrote about those items!!!

Happy New Year!

Blogger Lisa said...
Ditto on the printer/copier/scanner! I wore out a Lexmark one with the FIRST round of paperwork and bought an HP not too long ago. Hopefully it will make it through the final phase. (Still hopeful there WILL be a final phase!)

I'll let you know about the boots. Those are the exact ones I bought, color and all. I haven't worn them yet.

:-) Lisa


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™