Today is a new day . . .
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
I don't know if I really feel better about the situation today, but I'm not as disturbed as I was yesterday morning. God has brought us this far and I know He'll complete this part of His plan in His way no matter what I do or how much I fret.

Boy though, did I do the housecleaning yesterday! I wasn't Martha Stewart about it, more like Taz on Looney Toons. I did 4 loads of laundry-washed, dried, folded and PUT AWAY! I cleaned my kitchen to a spit shine, even moved out the refrigerator and cleaned the sides. Dusted two of the five blades on my bedroom ceiling fan (remember I was spinning around the house like Taz). I ironed lots of clothes in the laundry room (without dropping the iron on my foot again). I did most of this without giving it any thought. I was just working out my frustrations and thinking a mile a minute while I was doing it.

Then it came time to go to bed last night. I went to bed and lay there for nearly 30 minutes and finally fell asleep. Then at 1 a.m. I was wide awake again trying to figure out everything from flights to Russia to whether or not we'll still be in Russia when D has to start her first day of Kindergarten and how that will work out! I finally got up and went in V's room and lay in her twin bed and looked at the photo album and cried. Then I opened the closet and looked at all her little clothes that she is probably growing out of and cried some more. I went back and got in my bed and finally fell back asleep around 4 a.m.

Now I need to make two beds this morning, mine and V's twin. The kitchen is still sparkling, but there's more laundry to do. I guess I'd better get after it.

Till later . . .

Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™