Saturday at our house . . .
Saturday, June 17, 2006
Well, D has a tummy virus. No fun. She hardly ever gets sick and is so predictable, that when she fell asleep this afternoon watching a video in her room, I knew something was up. She never falls asleep watching TV. It has to be quiet and still for her to fall asleep. So, I woke her up at 6:15 to put her in the bath while I got her supper ready. Hubby came into the kitchen and said, "We need to trade places because D is crying in the tub because she needs to go potty." Well, she didn't quite make it and after she pottied on the potty, she got a whole other bath. Then when she started eating she began to gag. She drank a little apple juice and ate about 2 bites and she was done. I gave her some Pepto chewables and she was ready for bed again at 7:50. She fell fast asleep. I put big beach towels on either side of her bed "just in case" she wakes up throwing up in the night. So, we'll see what the night holds for us.

In Literary news, I am currently reading (or should I say sludging through) The Out Of Sync Child. It is a hard book to read. Not scary hard, but I feel like I'm studying for the final exam to become a child psychologist or something. My frazzled brain can hardly take it! But, like I said, I'm pushing through with it. Actually I've heard most of this in our agency's pre-adoptive education. So it's not really new, just way more in-depth. What I'm seeing, too, is that all of us have some of this stuff going on within us. I guess it's just if you have a multitude of the symptoms and it interferes with your daily life, then you need Occupational Therapy. D has a few of the idiosyncrasies, but so do I and so does Hubby. It all comes down to education and knowing what to watch for.

About two weeks after we returned home from Russia with D we had Early Childhood Intervention come out. It was really a good thing for us. At 11 months old, she was at about the 9 month level developmentally. They taught us how to help her on a day to day basis and within 2 months she was completely on track and even ahead in some areas. However, if she had needed other therapies such as physical, speech or occupational, they would have pointed us toward the help she needed.

So, that's my Saturday. I guess I'd better head to bed soon in case I'm awakened in the wee hours of the morning.

Till later . . .

Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™