Finally Friday and some other rambly things
Friday, June 16, 2006
I've been trying to think of something to write, knowing that I need to keep my pretty new blog fresh and exciting. However, there is nothing new in the adoption scene. My brain is so tired, I can't even come up with anything to add to the recent discussions about the rigors of Russian adoption.

Vacation Bible School concluded today. It was a good week but soooo exhausting. I am just not good with other people's children. I am in utter shock at the behavior of some children and total lack of respect for adults. When Johnny throws a tantrum (we say "fit" in the South) because he wanted to play the triangle with the orange ball handle instead of the one with the red ball handle (we only have two triangles) and won't accept any alternative, I am not the one who continues on and on and on trying to please Johnny. I just can't do it. I am so thankful for my precious D and her sweet spirit. Now, God please prepare me for V if she is going to be way different! Oh, is that what Vacation Bible School was supposed to do for me?

Well, my un-before-mentioned new goal date passed. I had hoped either June 15 or 16 (I was more flexible this time!) Even at 4:48 this afternoon I was still thinking, "there's still 12 minutes before the agency closes!!!! They could still call, they could!" I got an e-mail from another family who traveled the same week as we did, only to St. Pete, that they got their court date this morning. Hopefully soon, hopefully soon for us.

Today at VBS, one of the moms was helping in the snack department and had her little girl with her. I hadn't seen the little girl in a few months and in that time she has changed from a baby to a little girl. I asked her, "how old is Cora now?" Sixteen and half months. Just two weeks younger than V. I was just staring at her feet and nearly started to cry. I told the mom, " I don't know what size shoe V wears." Cora was wearing a 5! I think that's big. There are two other little girls in our church just right at V's age. One was born 2 days before V and the other two weeks later. I find myself just staring at any child vaguely V's age and begin asking the mom a multitude of questions, including the shoe size thing. I think on clothing I can be a bit more flexible, but shoes are pretty exact, especially when they're just starting to walk.

Ok, I've rambled enough. Maybe after a good nights rest and no more rude children to zap my brain tomorrow I can come up with something a little meatier. Don't hold you breath though.
4 Comments:
Blogger Elle said...
I did the same thing with Little A. I would ask other moms how old their child was and try to gague how much A would weigh. They thought I was crazy. I am praying that court date comes soon!

Blogger Maggie said...
I see kids that remind me of Peanut all the time.

Blogger Jennefer said...
I am so sorry your goal day passed again. Still I think setting goal days helps because you think you just need to wait until... that day. It makes it better then just waiting forever.

I am the same way when I see little girls. I just want to hold them all!

Blogger 6blessings said...
We teach a 2 year old Sunday School class. Even though our boys are 5, they are the same size as some of our Sunday School kids. I look at their little hands and feet and measure to see how tall they are. We actually drew the boys' feet on paper when we were over there so we would know shoe size. I find myself checking the class shoes out for size.

I hope you get your court date this week!! Glad you made it through VBS. That's always draining.


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™