Should have taken out stock in Fed-Ex!
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Another 24 notarized documents are on their way to Austin for apostilles. Thank goodness Texas enacted a $100 cap per adoption on apostilles in September. But all these Fed-Ex charges are adding up quickly!

Our updated medicals are finally all done (2 doctors-6 days-medicals for 3 people). You would think a person as educated as a doctor could read instructions and do this thing correctly. But lo and behold she signed her signature at the bottom of each column instead of at the top of each column. At least everything was done in blue ink this time - Phew. This was D's pediatrician who signed in the wrong spot, so I'm just not going to worry about it. It isn't as if D is adopting the child!!

After the documents travel to Austin, they'll be directly on their way to the agency in Dallas and will hopefully immediately hit the trail to Moscow.

I stared at those blasted things so long, just making sure, double sure, triple sure everything was correct! Then once I left the Fed-Ex place, I sat in the car just hoping everything was in order! You know after you've looked and looked at something, it starts blurring together and it's hard to focus and concentrate.

We're always in the Fed-ex place for a good 30 min - an hour. They know us there by now and are aghast that "that baby" is still not home! So are we Fed-Ex guy, so are we!

Till later . . .
8 Comments:
Blogger Deb said...
Glad you got those off. What else do you need to do before you go back paper wise?

Blogger 6blessings said...
Thanks for posting on my blog. I had never seen you before and really enjoyed reading yours. How incredible some of the things you wrote were! I hope you receive a court date very soon. I have bookmarked your blog and will keep up with you now.

Blogger Maggie said...
Almost there. I hope you get a court date soon.

Blogger sandy said...
Wow! Another 24! I bet that feels good. When I sent my first set in (84) I was so burnt I didn't even care about double-checking them. From now on I will.

Blogger sandy said...
Wow! Another 24! I bet that feels good. When I sent my first set in (84) I was so burnt I didn't even care about double-checking them. From now on I will.

Blogger sandy said...
Whoops, double post! I can't figure out how to delete it.

Blogger Jennefer said...
Congrats on getting more paper work done. It is always hard to send that stuff off- it is a happy day- but scary to have it out of your hands. It is also hard to not worry if everything is right. I hope you hear good news soon.

Blogger Elle said...
Congrats on finishing the paperwork. I thought I was so careful with ours until our coordinator sent me an email asking about D's employment letter. I told her she had it, but evidently I only sent her 1 copy. I had the extra still in my book. "her copy" So I sent that off with yet another fedex envelope week before last. One more piece and we are done!!!


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™