Ok, I'm really trying here . . .
Wednesday, January 17, 2007

This is my day so far:

Woke up 6:28 nothing on the radio about school being out - all clear - up and at 'em.

D is up and dressed looking especially cute and warm.

7:40 Off to school.


7:45 It begins sleeting a lot.

7:55 Our School's Superintendent comes on the Radio announces that "the buses are turning around and going back to the school. Parents of car riders, please come back and get your kids. "

8:30 D is back home.

Here are some pictures of Blizzard 2007 in East Texas -






Yes, Margaret, RIDICULOUS! And D isn't even of the age to be happy that school was released! She loves school!
8 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I love that; Blizzard 2007! Only in Texas!
I actually made it into work today. Crazy.
Who knows what tomorrow brings. More rain on Friday for us!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh my goodness, I can't believe they sent the kids home for that!! And what a hassel! It's funny to find a place that's even less prepared for snow than we are here in Washington. :-)

Blogger Melissa said...
I wish we got off from school for days like that!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
How did you know I was going to think was ridiculous? I was already formulating my comment and then I saw your last line. Too funny.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
my gawd! I'm suprised they didn't shut down the whole state for that! LOL And I thought WA was bad.

Blogger 6blessings said...
Glad to see some new posts. I've been worried about you.

Well, I guess one way to look at the Blizzard 2007 is that you had an extra day with D. I guess there wasn't much sledding or ice skating (as in our case) to be done. I'm sure you had fun nonetheless.

Still praying for that court date.

Happy Birthday V!!! You're mama and papa will have a big celebration when you are home forever with them. And next year, the biggest birthday party ever, guaranteed to come with lots of hugs and kisses.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I hope you rushed to the grocery store and stocked up on bread and milk. Who knows how long that will last?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Must have been a treacherous drive home!! Sounds like you girls could use popcorn, hot chocolate, a warm blanket and a good movie. Chin up!


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™