Super Sunny Saturday Morning
Saturday, July 08, 2006
Well, wouldn't you know it, the one morning that I absolutely have license to sleep late - I wake up at 6:50 a.m!! It is so sunny and bright today! I lay there for about 20 minutes longer hoping to fall back asleep but just couldn't. So, hubby is having a nice little sleep with the whole bed to himself.

D is staying with Grandma (& Grandpa) in Dallas for a few days by herself. Hubby drove her up Thursday night and he came back last night. She is having her one last fling (we hope!) as the only grandchild. She has stayed with them before while we've been on a trip or in the Dallas area for a conference and we stayed at a hotel. But we think this is the first time we have both been at home, together, alone, without her since she came home nearly 5 years ago. It was kind of weird!

So see, I could have slept till TEN-o-clock if I could have!

We went out to dinner last night and it was strange for me not having her with us. This is how it used to always feel before we had a child. I cleaned the house yesterday afternoon in lickity split time and then had all this time to just sit and read a book, play on the computer, whatever I wanted. Strange! I even got to go to the potty all. by. myself! But you know what? I miss her a ton! It's so quiet and clean around here.

She's going to stay till Monday at Grandma's (& Grandpa's). I'll drive up Monday afternoon and pick her up. I'll spend the night Monday night and we'll come back home Tuesday afternoon.

We are going to have a big date today/tonight! We're going out to the movies to see "The Lake House" and then out to dinner!

Till later . . .
1 Comments:
Blogger Deb said...
Have fun on your date tonight. Let me know how The Lake House is. I want to go see it but it's hard to get Dave to those kind of movies.


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™