My daughter is so smart!
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
As I have been reading The Out of Sync Child I have become more aware of what things are Sensory Processed. So I've been extra observant of D lately. She daily amazes me at how smart she is. I am so thankful that she has escaped having to deal with Sensory Processing Disorder. She overcame several developmental obstacles in her first several months home, but she has just blossomed into such a bright child.

Here are two of her latest observations and both were sensory related:

(1) Hubby removed the Glade plug-in out of the bedroom hallway night before last. It was empty of its scented oil and I was afraid it would catch on fire. After he took it down, he just laid it on the bathroom counter. Yesterday D came to me at the computer and I could "smell" that she had been playing with the Glade plug-in. I said, "you found the smelly nightlight, didn't you?" She said proudly, "Yes, smell my fingers, they smell like Christmas!" That is her Olfactory sense, not only did she smell that there was a smell, she linked to it a non-everyday event.

(2) As I was checking my latest post on the blog, she said of the yellow background with the swirly blue things, "That looks like the bed at the hotel (Courtyard Marriott) where we stayed on our girl weekend." That was in February. She used her visual sense.
1 Comments:
Blogger 6blessings said...
Sounds like she's a smart girl!

Hang in there on the other! Hopefully you will hear word very soon!


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™