Our vacation in bullets and pix
Friday, June 22, 2007

  • We left for San Antonio right after church Sunday morning.




  • After the 6 hour trip we checked into our hotel and then went to Texas Land and Cattle Steak House to celebrate Father's day.



  • Bright and early Monday morning we headed to Sea World. The first thing we did was feed dolphins, it was really exciting.




  • We spent the whole day at Sea World and were exhausted.
I don't know how clear this picture is because I was FAR AWAY when I took it! D is holding a giant snake - ICK! Don't eat my baby!!!







  • We went back to Sea World on Tuesday morning, not quite as bright and early and we hit the water park portion, called Lost Lagoon. We spent most of the day there and got sunburnt even though we applied the sun-scream liberally!






  • We went back to the hotel and showered and changed and scrambled to meet Kay at Starbucks.





  • We had to be back at Sea World by 5:45 for our Dinner with Shamu. It was really cool to be so close to the big whales!







  • Wednesday it came a downpour in San Antonio which is not really common this time of year from what we were told. We visited the Alamo in the pouring rain.









  • We headed to the Market Square and had lunch at Mi Tierra which D had seen on Postcards from Buster a few months ago so going there was a must! It was very yummy and the atmosphere was fun.






  • Back to the hotel we went and D and I konked out for a loooong nap - till 6:30! We had planned to visit the San Antonio River Walk, but we didn't go back that night.




  • Thursday we left San Antonio and headed toward home. We stopped at the Natural Bridge Caverns where we toured the caves and D panned for gems!










  • Then it was on toward home. The longest ride ever.



  • We were happy to get home and now we must recover from our vacation :O)
7 Comments:
Blogger Deb said...
Sounds like a great vacation. Very busy though.
Hopefully you'll be planning another trip very soon.

Blogger A said...
Whew...I'm tired just reading what you did!:) I am glad that you all had a good time and had a chance to meet a fellow blogger--that is always a bonus!

Blogger Lea said...
Great pics! Sounds like a fun vacation!

Blogger Esther said...
Beautiful pictures Suz!!

Blogger Melissa said...
your trip looks amazing. I am jealous.

Blogger Becky and Keith said...
Hi Suz! I just read through your entire blog and the only thing that pops through my head is WOW! What a strong person you must be. I've only been at this adoption thing since March and I'm already feeling the ups and downs. I can't imagine the roller coaster ride you've been on. I truly hope that accreditation really is around the corner and that these rumors are true - especially for you! Best wishes!
Becky

Blogger Deb said...
That snake is HUGE! I would have been far away too. She's so brave.
Mi Tierra is our favorite place to eat when we are there.


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™