No news, no news, no news
Thursday, June 14, 2007
I've not been a very good blogger lately, but there really hasn't been a thing to blog about related to our adoption.

We've been super busy this summer already and are getting ready to go on vacation leaving this weekend. I'll tell you where we went when we get back. I have a fear some creepy person may read my blog and snatch D since I've posted her precious pix on the blog. So, I'll just tell you when we get back where we went. And No, it's not Russia this time :O)

We have been pretty low about the adoption lately. We're at nearly 16 months now, waiting for a court date that is no where in sight. V will turn 29 months on Monday. We don't look for anything to happen toward it till Fall. Nothing concrete to make us think that, but just the way things are going. Our 12 month-old referral will be 3 before she comes home.

We're just living our life and staying busy. But like I told Deb the other day, there is no busy that is busy enough to make you not think about it - especially when she's already a real child that we know and have held, smelled, touched and heard. I check the database every now and then just to make sure she's still there and her sweet little happy face smiles at me from the screen. The same face that is on my refrigerator door beside D's art work.

As I'm sure you can tell, when I get quiet on the blog, I'm not in the greatest of places adoption-wise. Hopefully I'll be "up" again soon.

Off to clean the house and start packing for our trip . . .

"be where your feet are" - that's what I'm doing
5 Comments:
Blogger Elle said...
Oh I do wish there was some sort of news for you.

Blogger Deb said...
Have fun on your vacation.
She'll be home before she's 3! And you'll have a grand birthday party for her. I'm getting teary just thinking about the fun she'll have. {{{HUGS}}}

Blogger A said...
Suz--I am sorry that you are having such a hard time. I can only imagine how difficult it is for you--seeing her picture in the database but not being able to hold her. Hang in there. Have a great vacation!!

Blogger Unknown said...
This waiting game is the pits. And you're right about being busy - it doesn't really replace the ongoing thoughts about our kiddos. Hang in there, God's plan is ovbiously different than we thought it would be, but He is still sovreign.

Have a great vacation trip! ;)

Blogger Chris Goeppner said...
I know how you're feeling Suz. I've been feeling pretty down lately too. It's so hard not to be discouraged but I have to believe that God is in control and His way is better that mine. I've been reminding myself to "be where my feet are" all the time lately. I am trying so hard to be content no matter my circumstances. I'm praying reaccreditation comes before the fall, for all of us.
Enjoy your vacation, try to relax!
Blessings,
Penny


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™