I survived
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Mother's day and our 12th wedding anniversary fell on the same day this year. It was hard for me to remember and grasp that it was also our anniversary. I'm glad the two don't fall on the same day very often, I don't like it.

The hardest thing on Sunday for me was the baby dedication time. Every year on mother's day at our church, the babies who have come during the year since the last mother's day are all dedicated to God. In our denomination, we do not baptise babies, but we do a little ceremony where they are dedicated to being raised in a Godly home.

Anyhow, it was hard for me to see all these babies who have been conceived, and born during the amount of time that we've been waiting for V. This is the second mother's day I've missed since meeting her and waiting for her.

But, for the good stuff:

D made me a little poster and rolled it up like a scroll and hid it under my bed. First thing Sunday morning she ran in and got it and gave it to me. I hung it in my "gallery" which is the walls of the laundry room. I got a big baby powder scented candle to keep in V's room. For my anniversary I got flowers (delivered on Friday) and we went out to dinner Sunday night at Red Lobster to celebrate both mother's day and as D told her grandmother on the phone "our" anniversary - too cute.

Oh how I hope we hear some good news this week that SOME agency has been granted their accreditation! Just knowing that someone has got it will be encouraging.
3 Comments:
Hi, Suz,

I'm so sorry you had to go through that at church yesterday. Our church also does a baby dedication service on Mother's Day, but this year it was moved to Father's Day. The service was still very centered around mothers, and I cried so many times so I feel for you so much. I pray you are with your child very soon.

Adrienne

Blogger A said...
Sorry Sunday was rough for you. David and I have often said that the waiting must be doubly hard on you because you have met your child and know exactly who you are waiting for....we just know we are waiting for a little girl. Praying for forward movement for Russia and China.
D's excitement over your anniversary is very sweet.

Blogger Deb said...
Glad to hear you survived.
So glad that D was able to bring some excitement to the day.


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™