Very Quiet In Adoption Land
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
I, like many other waiting adoptive parent bloggers, seem not to have been posting much lately. There is just absolutely nothing to post. I've noticed the trend - we all seem to have been taking a little break and that's ok. I didn't purposefully say, "Ok, I'm going to take a break from adoption land" I just did. That's not usual for me, though. I would usually get to a point of overload and say, "that's it, I need a break".

I'm slowly coming back in, checking other blogs and such. But I'm not fully immersed yet. Maybe in another week or so.

I wandered over to FRUA yesterday (hadn't been there in over a week) and didn't stay long. I guess my hiatus isn't over yet. I'll be back soon, I'm sure.

p.s. A cute thing D said (including the big words) the other day . . . We were driving in the WalMart parking lot looking for a space when we saw her swimming teacher from last summer. I said, "look, there's Miss Jill - wave at her" so she waved. Then D said, "so, who exactly is Miss Jill again??" I said, "your swimming teacher!" "Oh," said D, "she looks unfamiliar dry."
12 Comments:
Blogger Robin said...
I'm on break too....but I'm glad I saw your post. D's very grown up observation made me laugh!

Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...
"unfamiliar dry" - ha! love it. :-)

Totally understand about taking a little break... it can be a really good thing for your sanity, especially during a long wait. Praying you (and other waiting families) hear good news soon.

Blogger Tami said...
That is so cute! :)

Blogger Deb said...
It is very quite. I hope everyone perks up again soon. I hope to be back blogging again very soon myself.

Blogger Chris Goeppner said...
Me too Suz, I have nothing to post about. I know we all wish we did! Prayerfully soon.
-Penny

Blogger 6blessings said...
Very cute.

I hope you will be posting about reaccreditation and court very, very soon.

Blogger Gina said...
That was too cute what D. said. Kids say the funniest things sometimes.
Also, thanks for putting my blog
'Guatemalan Blessing' under your 'Favorite Blog Reads'. I am still trying to update our blog at least a couple times a week - but I too find it necessary to step back and take a break every once in a while.
God's blessings and praying for good news soon for you!!
Prayers,
Gina, Mommy to Lucas

Blogger Unknown said...
kids say the cutest things!

Hang in there Suz. I hope it won't be too much longer for some solid accreditation news. These kids need to come home!

Blogger Melissa said...
Very cute what D said.

Blogger jessy said...
That is too cute! Tell D she made me smile.

Blogger kate said...
There's just nothing to post ABOUT! I hope this dry spell ends soon for all of us.

Blogger Suzanne said...
I feel for you. We had such a long horrid wait, and yours has gone on so much longer. I'm thinking of you.


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™