The problem with being an "older" parent . . .
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Ok, so I was 33 when D was born and now she's 6. So if you do the math, you'll find that I'm about 10 years older than most of the people represented by the blogs over in that side bar.

One problem that I've noticed (many times over, not just today) that is a direct result of being an "older" parent is this - when your chicken poxed child finally gives up and lets her 6-year-old self take a nap, your stupid OLD knees and hips will wake her up when you go in to check on her with all their pops and cracks! I think she has super joint popping hearing!

Bring on the Geritol....do they even still make Geritol??
4 Comments:
Blogger Deb said...
LOL! So cute!

Blogger Rhonda said...
My joints ALREADY do that and I am 29!! I sound like Rice Krispies when I get up in the morning.

Blogger 6blessings said...
I hear you!! I am in your "age range". I ache and pop too! Hope D gets better soon. The chicken pox booster is being required now in Oklahoma.

Blogger Allison said...
LOL. I hear ya!! I became a first time mom at 40 (almost 2 years ago). Whenever I try to sneak into the kid's rooms I'm afraid I will wake them with my snap, crackle and popping! And those little buggers sure run fast.


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™