I'm Antsy
Sunday, February 04, 2007
I know there is no way we'll hear any good news for months to come - but for some reason I'm antsy for Monday to get here.

I hope that this week we'll hear that some agency has received their re-accreditation. At least it will be hopeful to know that the process is working. It would help to let us know that it "may not" take the whole 90 days.

I soooo pray that it won't take the full 90 days! I know that we'll need to completely re-do our dossier before we can even hope to get a court date, but it's just a wait and see thing before we start working on it. We don't want things expiring (we've already done 4 medicals since they expire every 3 months).

In the next week or so we are sending off another I-600A Petition to Adopt a Foreign Orphan because the 18 months is expiring on our original approval in early April and it will take approximately 2 months to receive this second approval. Yes, we'll have to pay the $545 again - ugh. At least we had our fingerprints re-done in October so, those will be acceptable and we won't have to do the $70 for those again. It's crazy that fingerprints expire after 15 months, but I-171H (the approval form for the I-600A application) expires after 18 months. It would be better for them both to expire at the same time, I would think.

Gosh, I'm just ready to do something again. At least when we have paperwork, I'm doing something toward bringing V home.

8 Comments:
Blogger Chelley said...
Sorry that I dont have any words of wisdom...

I wish I had a magic wand that I could wave!!

I can feel your heart ache.....

just know that I am thinking about you wishing and praying....

Blogger Melissa said...
And all this time I was complaining about getting the medicals redone 3 times. You have beat my record and then some. I really hope you see the light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Blogger 6blessings said...
I'm praying that reaccreditation comes much sooner than the 90 days.

Let the paperwork flurry begin!! Sorry it all has to be redone, but glad that it will get you back to your girl.

Blogger kate said...
Hang in there, Suz!

Blogger Deb said...
Praying and feeling antsy right along with you. I'm really believing for a quick turn around for all of our agencies.

Blogger sandy said...
Our agency director said that he hopes that the accreditations will all be forthcoming soon. They are being processed in groups, so if all agencies in a particular group get their paperwork in at around the same time, the Russian govt. will process and approve them all at once. (Maybe maybe your agency is in this first group?? Hope so!) I'm still hoping with all my might for you!

Blogger Esther said...
Hey, can you go see the Beth Moore Living Proof Live Tour while you wait? I saw her this past weekend and she is FABULOUS!! She's been one of my favorites for years, but it's just wonderful to hear her speak in person. On my blog I listed her tour schedule/locations and her websites ;o)

Hang in there, Esther

Blogger kristine said...
suz,

i was searching for info russia and came across your blog. not really knowing what a blog is. this is my first time!
my heart is truely with you, our 365 day for our little girl was on dec 06, 2006. she will be my first at 47 years old. we have been married for almost 14 years and have been waiting to be a mom for a long time. we tried adopting locally, went through a whole pregnancy with a young girl, had all the baby stuff, and then she changed her mind at the last moment and kept the baby. it took us a year to get over that, before we could even think about adopting again. so we decided to go out of the country for the "for sure" thing. well... after our first visit, we were sure we would be back in 3 months to get her. they could not find her file, by mistake they put hers and 6 other childrens back in the FDB which meant all these kids had to serve an additional 6 months orphaned. by the time she was out of that it was june last year and our agency accreditation had just expired. i just now am waiting for 32 documents from fedex, i had to get them apostille sealed. we just re-applied for our ins. they said about 6 weeks, i am hopping for it to be sooner. i have strong feelings that it is very close for us. thats why i am trying to get all the paperwork done. our little girl just turned two last week.

keep the faith, GOD is working on it! we will be there soon to get our kids. my husband and i are starting a list of survival food to take with us. i lost 8 pounds on a 5 day stay to meet her!


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™