FROM MY JOURNAL : a year ago today . . . . . .
Friday, February 09, 2007
Journal Entry-
Thursday, February 9, 2006:

D and I took a nap from 2-4. D came in and was cuddling with me before we got up and around because hubby had a plan that we would leave at 5 to go out to eat and do our grocery shopping together. [he had been out of town at a conference the whole week before]

At 4:23 the phone rang! It was our case-manager from the agency! It was THE CALL!!!

He had a referral for us - her name is V _ _ _ _ _ _ _. She is 12 months old right now, her birthday is January 18, 2005. Her hair is brown and she seems to have dark blue eyes. She weighs 15.2 pounds. She knows how to crawl, sit up, baby talk, plays with toys, knows her name and can walk by holding on to "the barrier."

We got a few (poor quality) pictures by e-mail. She is cute and looks like she may have a good little personality by the funny faces she is making in some of them.

We only have a small paragraph of medical information, but nothing within it rings any bells of alarm for us. We will send the information to a doctor who specializes in International Adoption referrals for her opinion. Unless she just sees something that we don't, we feel quite positive that this is our daughter.

When Mr. P very first began to speak her name, I knew he was going to say V _ _ _ _ _ _ _. Over the past months I've looked at the 8 baby girls registered in our region on the Russian Data-bank website and although there is a baby on there named Inna that looks exactly like D as a baby and even has the same last initial (????) I have been drawn to V over and over all these months. So I had no doubt that the following syllables out of his mouth would speak her name.

Needless to say, the shopping trip and going out to eat has been scrapped!

edited to add:
I know that looking at the data-bank site and falling in love with one particular baby is NOT a good idea. We would have been pleased and happy to be given a referral for nearly every one of those babies. However, there was just something about V and I was not surprised in the least when he spoke her name. Of course she was the only baby out of the 8 who's name began with V - but then the website could not have been maintained and there may have been other V named children who I'd never seen. But it was her!

another edit to include:
We DID have the MOE check the data-bank to make sure there were no birth siblings (of any age) of D's in the system. So, this Inna was not her birth sibling.
9 Comments:
Blogger Deb said...
Great post. Oh wow! It just hit me that this was a year ago exactly. I have tears in my eyes now.
Come-on Accreditation!

Blogger Hawk said...
oh that is awesome! Congrats!

Blogger Suz said...
I think my post was a little unclear.

We have not received a "the call" today. This is an excerpt from my journal a year ago today.

I've gone back and corrected my Title Line.

Blogger U.N. Mama said...
Happy "the callversary." Now praying you can make a wonderful post about THEEEEE CALL!

Blogger Calico Sky said...
suz, what a lovely post, and how special that V was to be your daughter. I am so sad that it has taken a year to get to this point, hoping and praying each day that she is home soon.

Blogger Susan&Wayne said...
Tough time right now. One day you will look back and be amazed at yourself....how strong you were and how you "kept the faith". What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" it has been said. Hang in there....focus on "D"...and remember God has timing. I hope your daughter is feeling better (LOTS of sickness going around now) and I hope you are at least getting a little rest.

Blogger Chelley said...
it was really nice to read of the first call!
thank you so much for sharing

I really do hope and pray that you will have NEWS soon

Blogger redmaryjanes said...
Congratulations!
How can you not go the site and look at the babies?? No one could resist.
I wish you all the best!

Blogger Lisa said...
Every day it seems harder and harder to wait. I know the wait must be 1000x harder for you and your family because you know exactly who baby V is and can't wait for her to be HOME. I keep hoping and praying that today, this week, SOON it will be time.

No news from my agency either. But the 90 day clock ticks on. Soon there will be no more excuses for delays. It has to get moving again.

Be strong, even though it is hard. Lisa


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™