Chicken Pox + The Flu = One sick little girl
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Yes, you read it right. Now D has the Flu on top of the pox. Actually she's just about past the pox, just a few dots left.

Yesterday I really thought she'd be back to school today. Her fever was gone - down to normal. But then last night at her bath time I noticed her eyes weren't looking right - are you able to tell your kids are getting sick by their eyes? I've always predicted by that with D

Then she just seemed to go downhill right before my very eyes. She woke with 102.9 fever again this morning. She just lay on the couch all day, sleeping off and on and then a long nap from 1-3 at which time I had to dress her to go to the doctor (which is an hour away). They worked us in and she just lay in the doctor's office on my lap - very unusual for her. She's usually looking at all the medical posters and deciphering what all the bones and muscles mean. She's a sick baby.

So, we had to go to Super WalMart to get the prescriptions filled because by the time we were through at the doctor all the pharmacies in our small town were closed (by 5:30).

It took them 30 minutes to fill the prescriptions and she just lay in the back of the buggy - I let her take her blankie in and we softened it a bit with blankie. Good thing WalMart has big carts for my Lucy Longlegs!

She got Tamiflu and Omnicef. Along with Triaminic and Motrin. She's drugged up, let me tell you. *I just hope it all stays in!

Hubby had the flu shot - I didn't. So I am praying big time that I don't get it. It will probably take a miracle for me not to though.

* edited at 9:42 - Nope it all came out! Bed's changed and waiting till 11:30 for the next round of medicine dispensing. It looks like it's going to be a long night.
9 Comments:
Blogger 6blessings said...
So sorry to hear about D. I sure hope you stay well.

Blogger Maggie said...
Poor kiddo. Let's hope whatever strain of flu she has is a quickie.

Blogger Deb said...
Sounds awful. I hope she is able to keep something done soon. And I pray you don't get it. Have you used that Airborne stuff? It's supposed to help keep the cold away.

Blogger Robin said...
Poor baby, and poor mom. I hope D is better today, and you aren't coming down with it! Interesting that you were waiting to hear about chicken pox in Uly and they show up in Texas!

Blogger Elle said...
Poor thing. Hope she feels better soon!

Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...
Poor thing, and poor momma too. Hope the meds start working for her and you don't catch it. There's all kinds of stuff going around the schools here... just not a fun time of the year.

Blogger jessy said...
Oh, bless her heart...and yours, too.

Blogger Chelley said...
Oh no!!!! I really heop that D gets on top of it very soon!!

Be careful for an coughing that seems too much - or any heavy breathing...

when I was at the doctors with the pox they said it can turn into pneumonia very fast something about the pox virues or something.... hugz

Blogger Calico Sky said...
Oh I am so sorry, I hope she is ok very very soon.


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™