Adoptive Couple in the news regarding fund raising
Saturday, January 20, 2007
I just read a little story in the February issue of Redbook magazine. This couple in Ohio was trying to raise money for their Guatemalan Adoption by selling their coveted Ohio State - vs - Michigan tickets on E-bay. E-bay pulled their sale stating that selling something specifically to fund an adoption is in violation of the site's policy.

So, I guess the lesson here is that if you're selling to raise money toward your adoption, don't list it as such on the site??

The good news, though, is that they ended up listing the tickets for sale on dreamseats.com and an annonymous someone bought them for $2,000 but then they returned the tickets to the couple anyhow, so they got the money and got to go to the game after all!

Anyhow, here is a link to their website where they have their fundraising Cookbook for sale.

We adoptive parents have to stick together, right??!!
5 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
That's such a great story. I had no idea you couldn't post that on ebay. I've seen that a lot of times. Hmm!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
That's right! We do need to stick together. What an amazing person. Guess how much I'll be using eBay from now on? Jerks.

Blogger Melissa said...
What a great story. I had never heard of dreamseats.com. I will have to check it out.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Good story, I struggle with how to fundraise and don't think it will be possible (sadly).

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I wish I could come up with some original fund raising ideas. I'm so not creative that way. How cool of those people who bought the tickets to let the couple adopting keep the tickets. There are some pretty generous people out there.
-Penny


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™