Yesterday
Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I did really well yesterday. Not one tear.

When I woke up I decided any time I started to dwell on the anniversary I would just tell myself, "enjoy D, focus on D, be thankful for what you have right now."

I pretty much stayed away from the computer. I had to post something though or I felt it was somehow dishonoring to V not to make mention of the day at all, does that make sense??

And I stayed very busy.

  • I went to D's school at 9:30 and volunteered with the Book-fair in the library.
  • Then when I was finished there, hubby and I went out to lunch.
  • After that I came home and straightened my house a bit and then I planted some Dahlia tubors in the front flower bed and fertilized my Gardenia bush in the backyard.
  • Then I popped on here REALLY quick and posted my little post about the day and popped right back off.
  • After that it was back to the school to pick D up and then to gymnastics.
  • I went to WalMart during gymnastics time and then to pick D up again.
  • After that we went back to the Book-fair for family night and got several - good - books - for D. She had bought one during her regular library time that morning, but we saw some others we wanted Daddy to buy for us :o).
  • We got home and got D's bath and supper and then it was bedtime for D.

After all that I checked a few blogs on my Google Reader (still not my first choice for blog checking, but it'll do in a pinch).

So, all in all I am very proud of myself for how I handled yesterday. I guess I did my freaking out before the day actually got here.

I've got to get up and get busy on my house, being gone all day yesterday, nothing got done around here - that silly maid! She didn't show up again, guess I'll have to do it all myself as usual!!

9 Comments:
Blogger jessy said...
I have the same trouble with my maid. Good help is so hard to find.

Blogger Deb said...
So glad to hear that the day went well. The book-fair sounds like it was fun. Glad you were able to focus on D and stay busy.

I only use Google Reader for the blogs that don't update often now. It is too impersonal.

Blogger 6blessings said...
Glad yesterday went well. The book fair sounds great! I knew your day was coming up. I'm sorry I didn't see your post yesterday. I checked blogs earlier in the day. I am still diligently praying for you and even mentioned you to our small group Sunday night.

BTW, I'm not sure my maid comes very often at all anymore.

Where does D take gymnastics? Is she doing a class or is she working on a level?

Blogger Calico Sky said...
Suz
I think you did great!!!!
It must have been a tough time, good that you are looking forward :)
Here's praying that the next book fair includes V!

Blogger Rachael said...
Good for you.
Wish we had nice enough weather here to work in the yard, too, but we're still covered in snow.
We have a housekeeper, and I still can't figure out how to keep it clean for more than the 24 hours after she leaves.

Blogger Esther said...
You have a great attitude and I'm proud of you!

Now, I'll just go look for that darn maid...

Blogger Chris Goeppner said...
Hey Suz,
I'm so glad you made it through the day without a tear. I'm praying for you!
Blessings,
Penny

Blogger Chelley said...
Good help is so hard to find now!!!

I am so glad that you did GET through the day.....


Big hugz

hope that soon there will be that light at the end of the tunnel....

Blogger Maggie said...
I wish things hadn't happened this way, but each day is one day closer to her. I'm glad you focused on D today. You have a bright a beautiful daughter to delight in while you wait to bring her sister home.


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™