Potty Training Readiness Quiz
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
There has been quite a lot of talk lately in blog-land about the issue of Potty Training.

Here is a Potty Training Readiness Quiz.

Oh how I remember the stress of potty training. But you know what, when they're ready - they'll do it. If they're not - they won't.

Our biggest frustrations so far have been in eating issues and potty training. D has never been much of an eater. I honestly don't know how she stays alive. Her pediatrician is not worried, though, because she steadily and consistantly moves up the before mentioned growth chart. She just naturally has a small apetite and is bound to be tall and thin - something her Mommy will never be! At 6.3 years she is at the 75% in height and 25% in weight.

I think that with V I'm going to be more laid back about potty training - at least that's what I'm telling myself. She won't go to Kindergarten in diapers, I'm sure. And if she does, it won't last long because the other kids will tease her and she'll get her act together and potty train!
8 Comments:
Blogger Melissa said...
great info lately. very informative

Blogger Rachael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Rachael said...
Thanks for the great info., as always! I've been stewing over some potty training woes going on at our house, and you helped nudge me to post about it and I referenced your link.

Blogger Jennefer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Jennefer said...
THANK YOU so much for that readiness quiz. It is SO true that pushing your child is a big mistake. I did that with my oldest child and he potty trained the latest because he was so traumatized by the pressure and struggles we went through. My other two boys potty trained themselves- I did nothing and they both potty trained earlier than my first. It is great to know the readiness signs though so I can make Pineapple's potty seat available.

Blogger jessy said...
Well, my friends call me the potty training nazi. I know my views are very radical, but they worked for me. The girls were wearing underwear all the time since 20 months and my boys by 22. For me that is success--for everyone BUT Marina. She potty trained all right (all children--unless they have a handicap--are physically ABLE to control at 18 months), but once trained, she had an excellent weapon to wage against me in the attachment war. Which she did with gusto. When she would get mad at me, she would go in to the bathroom and take a dump right in front of the pot.
I don't think I will use my method of potty training with any more children who are not firmly attached.

Blogger 6blessings said...
You've had some great stuff recently. Thanks for all of the info. I wanted you to know that I pray every morning for your family. I just can't imagine your pain with this wait. I pray that reaccreditation will come soon and that you will be the first ones with a court date.

Blogger jessy said...
I got to thinking about this post later and I realized that V is already over two! Didn't you get to see her using the potty when you were there in October? She should be already trained (I think they are even more strict than me. He!He!). If she has been taught that it is "dirty" or "nasty" and that she is a "bad girl" if she goes on herself, wouldn't it just be better to continue to take her to the potty? I'm thinking about her sense of self and shame (been doing alot of reading up on attachment lately, can't you tell?) Someone who has adopted a two year old probably would know better than me, just a thought....


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™