Strange Dreams . . .
Monday, December 04, 2006
I have been having strange dreams the last couple of nights. Of course I try to decipher them when I wake up and can pretty much tell where they "came from."

Before I share my dreams with you, let me just say that I have had a hard last couple of weeks with no end in sight. I am trying so hard just to focus on the blessing I have in D and my wonderful hubby. But it feels like V is just never going to come home.

In two days it will be 9 MONTHS that we have been waiting for our court date to bring her home. So many people ask "what is taking so long!" It is hard to explain if you aren't familiar with the way the Russian goverment works to pass laws and guidelines and if you aren't familiar with the process of agencies needing to be accredited. But in a nutshell, until our agency receives their re-accreditation we are just plain stuck. There are no other American agencies working in our region, so we couldn't switch over even if we wanted to. Our agency has all their paperwork in ready and all but one form is translated and ready to turn in. But the governmental agency that approves accreditation is not yet receiving the applications. On top of the accreditation thing, our paperwork may need revisions once it is presented for our court date. There is no telling what the judge may require to be changed or tweaked once our paperwork is finally even presented!

Ok, now my weird dreams.

In the first dream (during Saturday night's sleep) it started out with Hubby, D and me in a restaurant. I went to go to the bathroom by myself (which would never happen in real life because I always take D with me!) and when I passed by the kitchen area the workers started having a food fight in anger. With the hot food out of the oven and off the stove! I ducked and ran out the door to my van. When I pulled out of the parking lot I turned right. It was dusk, still light enough to see pretty well. I saw a huge monument kind of like a spire and thought, "oh that is what they had just started building when we were in Moscow and now it's nearly finished." I knew that I could drive around the whole block and come back to the front door to pick up Hubby and D. I guess I was driving around the perimeter of the Ukraina hotel. When I turned the next corner of the square it was super dark and I was no longer in my van but on a bicycle. It was pitch black, I couldn't see anything at all. But I pretty much knew where I was so I figured I could just pedal, pedal, pedal and find my way. There was a little headlight on the bike, but it would only stay on for a couple of seconds at a time and then it quit working altogether. It was scary. I just started praying that God would keep me safe and get me back to D and hubby. It was so dark. Finally I turned the last corner and saw a bit of light ahead and pedaled as hard as I could. When I got to the door of the restaurant, hubby and D were waiting for me like I was crazy. Then we got in the van (I guess the bike turned back into the van) and left.

The next dream that I had last night, we were home with V finally but she was a boy! I had put her up on the changing table to change her diaper and she was a boy and then I started frantically tearing through her closet because I didn't have anything that could be for a boy, just lots and lots of girly clothes.

I can only think the first dream was kind of symbolic and hubby and D and I had been in the van for about 6 hours on Saturday going to Dallas for our agency's Christmas party and back home.

The second dream I'm sure is because I worked in the 2 &3 year old nursery yesterday at church and had to change a little boy's messy diaper which I was all thumbs at! I haven't changed a little boy in about 9 1/2 years since my youngest nephew is now 12!

till later y'all . . .
7 Comments:
Blogger Carolina Mama said...
Just want you to know I am thinking of you in your wait!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Okay the second dream is kinda funny. I can imagine you pulling out every piece of clothing and I just smile.
The first one is quite complex.
Praying for you all daily. Hope your days of waiting get a little easier with the busy schedule I'm sure you have this time of year.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
The first dream could be about V's adoption process. Think about it - you're going to bathroom and everything is pretty normal. (Or, you received your referral for V and traveled to meet her the way things are supposed to go.) Then people start fighting (things start going wacky in Russia (accreditation, NGO)), you go out and try to maneuver your way back to your family but keep encountering obstacles (all the delays and so forth).

Maybe it's prophetic that you eventually find your way back to your family and the van is fully functioning again. Maybe it means when you finally get your court date, things will progress more smoothly.

How's that for amateur dream analysis?

Blogger jessy said...
I kinda figured that you were having a bad time of it lately. You're posts have been less frequent and less adoption related. What can I say? I know I can't say anything to you.

I think there is an evil spirit enthroned in that region! I can't help but think of the 10 months our paperwork was held up there--and we thought that was bad. But paperwork is nothing compared to a child!

I was wondering...are you and D planning for V to complete your family? Or were you hoping for more?

Blogger Jenni said...
I don't think I could analyse your dreams any better than Margaret did, so I'm not even going to try!

I do want to say though that I am sorry for your long wait. It has got so be so disheartening, and I really feel for you. I'm hoping that you get to bring your little V home soon.

Hang in there, and know that everyone out in bloggerland is thinking of you!

Blogger Laura said...
I am praying that you will get to go soon for baby V. I think you and Jen are just stuck in limbo here!
hugs,
Laura

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Your dreams are as vivid as mine....and mine are always more vivid if I take a Tylenol PM :)

It was so good to see you Saturday. Hope we both get good news soon!


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™