My Girl is SIX
Friday, November 03, 2006
Today is a little bittersweet.

D turns six (6) today. Six is a big girl. It means no more sucking your thumb -something that has been hard for me to push - but six really is too old to suck your thumb. It means no more sippy cups because six is really too old for sippy cups, especially when your two front teeth are wobbly. So while six is a big-fun-exciting deal and means getting older, it also means bye-bye to my baby.

D had a birthday pancake for breakfast this morning with one candle in it to blow out. When I went in to wake her up this morning, I asked how she was feeling and she said, "I feel like I am SIX!"

This is the first time my birthday girl has gone off away from me on her birthday. She had to go to school of course. With an August birthday, I never had to go to school on my birthday, so that's a foreign thought to me.

Do you know what one of my very first thoughts was upon awaking this morning? I thought about O, D's birthmother. I prayed a little prayer for her (O) and I wished she could know how wonderful this girl is. How smart, and beautiful and funny she is. What a Gift from God she is!! I am so thankful for my Gift. Thank you O and thank you God!!
9 Comments:
Blogger C.C. said...
Happy Birthday sweet girl!

Blogger kate said...
"Now We Are Six". I hope she has a fantastic day! And, six is just the right age to be a BIG sister.

Blogger Deb said...
She's so pretty!

Your thoughts of O made me teary eyed. It is a special day

Happy Birthday D!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Happy Birthday to your sweet girl.

Blogger Melissa said...
I hope her wish comes true. She is truly a beautiful little girl.

Blogger jessy said...
I had birthday/birthmother thoughts too. I figured of all days she must surely be thinking of her baby. If we pray really hard, will they know? Will they know that their little girls are being loved and cared for?

Happy Birthday D!

Blogger Jenni said...
Happy birthday to D! I love your special thank you to O as well.

Blogger Denise :o) said...
That was very sweet. Happy birthday D!!!! What a beautiful little girl.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Happy Birthday! Beautiful girl!


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™