Hello, Happy Halloween - BOO
Tuesday, October 31, 2006


My friend Cath and I have had a tradition of calling each other and saying "Hello, Happy Halloween - Boo!" It started in 1993 and we've only missed a couple years here and there. I need to call her and say it here in a bit before we get too busy with our preparations for tonight's Fall Festival at our church.

Here is a pic of D this morning before school in her way too cute Halloween Dress. It is a Michael Simon Jack-o-lantern dress that I got for her when she was 3 on sale at Dillards. It is a size 6 so I always envisioned her wearing it to Kindergarten on Halloween. Can you believe I remembered all these years :o) It was such a deal - a $50 dress on clearance for $3.45!! She wore it with her oh so stylish black leggings and orange ruffle socks. Please excuse the utility room backdrop - we were almost out the door before I remembered to take a photo!

I've also added a photo of her hairdo that I tried to be so creative with. I tried to innertwine an orange ribbon within her braid, but it didn't work so well :o(. Any hints?


Stay tuned - I'll add more Halloween photos later of the Bunny who will be attending the Fall Festival tonight. I'm off to the friendly neighborhood Wally-World to get her a short sleeved white shirt because I'm afraid she'll burn up in the white sweatshirt we had planned on - it's currently 82*!! I was sooo hoping for a non-sweaty Halloween this year - oh well.
8 Comments:
Blogger Deb said...
Non-sweaty Halloween...what's that?!?! :o)

She looks so cute. And that is one amazing deal. I'm so glad I'm not the only person that does things like that.

Have fun at the Fall Festival!

Blogger Maggie said...
She looks adorable!

I can't imagine worrying about being too hot on Halloween. Where I live it's the opposite. Moms perpetually ruin their kids costumes by making them wear a winter coat over it!

Blogger Betsy said...
How amazing that it would be the right size at the right time and look so totally adorable on her!! Have fun!

Blogger 6blessings said...
Cute dress. Can't wait to see bunny pics. It was warm here last night, but wouldn't you know- a cold front came through and it was in the 40s here.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I love the dress. I am glad you liked the frame. I thought it would go well in the room you decorated.
Secret Blog Pal

Blogger Laura said...
Adorable!
We had a sweaty Halloween today too. And we are in PA!
I remember as a kid, having to wear our winter jackets over our costumes!
Laura

Blogger Deb said...
I love her hair. Is there a ribbon weaved in the braid? Beautiful!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Not sure what a too sweaty Halloween is all about. I am always trying to figure out that I can put on under the costume to warm my daughter up.

She looked really cute in both outfits.


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™