Five Years
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Five years ago today we went to court and the judge said "DA!" That is the day D became our forever daughter, October 12, 2001. In some ways it seems eons ago and like we have never been without D. But then again it seems like only yesterday. It is so amazing how quickly time really does pass.

Our judge was terrific. He was pretty much all business during the proceedings, but did make a joke or two here and there. Especially when he asked hubby our Wedding anniversary and hubby answered two days off!! Of course, I couldn't say anything! When the judge is talking to one or the other of you, the one NOT being spoken too has to zip their lips. So my eyes just got big and I looked at the judge and smiled. He laughed and asked hubby, "are you sure?" Afterward he took pictures with us. He was great. It made my first time in a court room a little more tolerable.

October 12 is also Grandma's birthday, so in 2001 she received the best birthday present ever! Her first grandchild. Happy birthday Grandma!

Now my baby girl is nearly 6 years old! It is so hard to believe.

Her Russian passport is about to expire and we need to renew it. I've got to take her to have her passport picture made so we can get that done. I inquired of the Russian Consulate to make sure we would receive her old one back because that baby picture in the passport is too precious! They assured me we would get it back. Just in case we have court for V over Christmas time, we'll take D with us, so she needs a valid passport.

Happy family day D! I love you so . . .
14 Comments:
Blogger Deb said...
Happy Family Day D!
So special. Are you doing anything special to celebrate?

Blogger Denise :o) said...
What a special day!!! Happy family day!!!!! :o)))))

Blogger Lauren & Cupcake said...
Happpy family day!!!

Hope you are feeling better too

Blogger Melissa said...
Happy, happy family day! What a great time. Better than a reg. birthday.

Blogger 6blessings said...
Wow! What a wonderful day. I'm sure it brings back incredible memories. Hopefully you'll be making more wonderful memories very, very soon!!!

Blogger U.N. Mama said...
Yay Dari :o) Happy Family Day!

Blogger Suz said...
No, we don't really do anything special - we just mention it and remember and tell her how thankful we are that she is our daughter. Her birthday is in 3 weeks, then comes Christmas. We decided we wouldn't really "go all out" for family day. But we do recognize it.

Blogger sandy said...
Happy Family Day to everyone!

(I read that getting through the customs lines is easier if you can go through the Russian citizen line, as you can with D and her passport. You probably already know this as you traveled with her for the 1st trip.)

Hope you hear about returning for V soon!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Happy Family day! Did you get anything interesting in the mail lately for a pick me up?

Secret Blog Pal

Blogger Calico Sky said...
Happy Happy Family Day :-)

Blogger Carolina Mama said...
Congratulations on this milestone! It helps keep your eye on the goal second time around I am sure! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Happy Family Day D! What special memories!

Blogger Jenni said...
Happy Family Day! You're going to renew D's Russian passport? I didn't know you could do that! I'd love to do it for my kids too, once the time comes.

Blogger Laura said...
Happy belated family day!! I;m sorry I missed your post last week.
Hope you had a wonderful celebration!
Laura


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™