Monday Stuff
Monday, October 09, 2006
I'm still coughing up a lung, so I've got a 2 p.m. appointment to see the doctor. I hope he'll give me a shot and I'll get better quick!

I'm still trying to get my messy house under control. It seems like it's two steps forward and three steps back. My in-laws are coming to stay with D while Hubby and I go on our trip and I want it clean for them when they come.

I've got a hair appointment on Wednesday to get my hair colored and cut, it's out of control. I know you're not supposed to do that right before something big, so I hope I don't look like a goof for our trip!

I'm looking forward to spending some one on one time with hubby on our little trip but you know what else I'm so excited about? We got a good deal on staying at the Hyatt Regency at the DFW airport the night before we fly out on Saturday. It's called Sleep-Park-Fly and we can store our car in their garage and take the shuttle to the terminal Saturday morning. Our flight leaves at 8:00 so we'll have to be checking in by 6 a.m. so I'm just looking forward to that little luxury.

Ok, back to laundry and trying to get my house in shape. I'll let you know what the doctor says, hopefully I don't have rockin' pneumonia too!

till later . . .

edited/updated after doctor's appointment: I don't have rockin' pneumonia, it's just a case of bronchitis. I got two prescriptions for some mega horse pill antibiotics and some heavy duty cough/congestion medicine. One of them is making me nauseas but I'll put up with it if it'll kick this thing in the hiney-bo!
13 Comments:
Blogger Deb said...
That sounds like a great deal and what a great way to start your trip.
Now go drink some liquids and get better. :-)

Blogger kate said...
It's those boogie-woogies that get you every time. I hope the doctor had good news for you!

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
i hope you get better soon! mmmm chicken soup sounds good.

Blogger Maggie said...
I hope the meds help. I'd hate to think of you being sick during your trip.

Blogger C.C. said...
Praying for you too get better soon! I'd love to see pics of your new look :-)

Blogger sandy said...
I hope you feel better soon, Suz! And I hope you have a good trip with dh.

I have a hair appt today too. I'm looking really mangy.

I had an experience similar to yours with the older gentleman. I was talking to my neighbor on the phone the other day (a little background: he's a very old-school, reactionary Hungarian, who escaped communist Hungary in the 1970s.) When I mentioned that we are adopting from Russia I received the most negative response I have ever heard! He went on and on and on about why would we ever take a chance on adopting a damaged child from Russia when we have two good children already? The drug and alcohol abuse was increasing and the risks of getting a genetically damaged child were so great. Granted, I understand he harbors great resentment toward Russia and communism in general, but he had NOTHING good to say. And granted, he only told me all this because he cares about us, and he's never been known to think about another's feelings before saying what he wants to say. It was disturbing... but at least I understand the context he was coming from. (I have to... otherwise I'd be wigged out.) I hope you've shaken off that old man's response. Some people can be so insensitive.

Blogger sandy said...
I hope you feel better soon, Suz! And I hope you have a good trip with dh.

I have a hair appt today too. I'm looking really mangy.

I had an experience similar to yours with the older gentleman. I was talking to my neighbor on the phone the other day (a little background: he's a very old-school, reactionary Hungarian, who escaped communist Hungary in the 1970s.) When I mentioned that we are adopting from Russia I received the most negative response I have ever heard! He went on and on and on about why would we ever take a chance on adopting a damaged child from Russia when we have two good children already? The drug and alcohol abuse was increasing and the risks of getting a genetically damaged child were so great. Granted, I understand he harbors great resentment toward Russia and communism in general, but he had NOTHING good to say. And granted, he only told me all this because he cares about us, and he's never been known to think about another's feelings before saying what he wants to say. It was disturbing... but at least I understand the context he was coming from. (I have to... otherwise I'd be wigged out.) I hope you've shaken off that old man's response. Some people can be so insensitive.

Blogger Deb said...
Just noticed your update. I hope the antibotics are helping you.

Blogger Calico Sky said...
I hope you get better real soon and are full of beans for your exciting trip!!!

Blogger Melissa said...
I hope the meds kick this thing you've got before vacation time. Have a great time.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Your SBP here. I hope you get better fast. I have put a little something in the mail for you already that you will probably get before your trip and then I will send out something special for you you that I think you will like! I will be mysterious. You will not get it out of me what is coming. I hope you enjoy them.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh - JUST bronchitis! I hope the meds work wonders.

Blogger sandy said...
I'll post a hair pic if you do. =) (But that means I will have to wash it and fix it... or how about the usual ponytail? =)

Feel better soon!


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™