Six Months Ago Today
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Six months ago today we were trudging through the snow to enter for the first time the orphanage where Baby V has lived since she was a month and a half old. Six months ago today the caregiver handed me this precious baby and I, in that moment, became her mother.

When I looked at the calendar this morning and realized what today is, I determined in my heart to be glad today. Not sad. I can choose. Today I choose not to dwell on the unfairness of it all. I choose rather to focus on the wonderful people and things in my life that I do have - right here, right now.

And that even includes V, because she is here with us in our hearts and in our home. Each morning as we eat breakfast as a family we pray for V knowing that she will soon be getting ready for bed, just as we are starting our day. The sweetest prayers come from D as she so purely lifts her baby sister up to God.

I recently saw this poem and I feel that it just fits today. So I want to share it:

KISSES IN THE WIND
I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.
You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.
I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long.
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.
Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.
I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.
Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.
--- Unknown
13 Comments:
Blogger Lauren said...
That is a beautiful poem. And very fitting. I am wishing you strength, patience, and speed for you to bring your precious baby home.

Blogger Jennefer said...
Very sweet poem!

I hope you get back to her soon!

Blogger Laura said...
Beautiful!
So sorry it has been 6 months! Wow! What wonderful strenghth and patience you have!
Wishing you and baby V to be reunited very soon.
Laura

Blogger Deb said...
Beautiful poem.
We're praying for that approval to come real soon. And praying for continued strength for your family.

Blogger Deb said...
Beautiful poem. Praying for that approval to come real soon.
And praying for continued strength for you and your family.

Blogger Lisa said...
Suz, I LOVE that poem! Thank you for sharing. My turn to say, our turn HAS to come in September!! It just has to be us next. Lisa

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
Wow, I didn't realize that you have been waiting six months. I hope you hear something soon! :)

Blogger Laura said...
Thanks for your warm words of wisdom Suz!
I guess I would rather the longer wait for referral, than waiting so long to return! I have nothing to complain about. Thanks for the reality check!
Sending prayers your way.
Laura

Blogger 6blessings said...
I hung on to that poem the whole time we were away from our boys. I copied it off with a picture of them and hung it on my refrigerator. I looked at it all of the time. It is just so fitting.

I sincerely hope and pray that you will get back to her very, very soon! Your wait has been way too long!

Blogger Deb said...
I;ve tagged you. See my site for the list. :-)

Blogger Carolina Mama said...
Your attitude is wonderful! I hope it happens real soon! Blessings to you all! MaliMai

Blogger Melissa said...
I love, love, love that poem. I need to steal it for my lifebook.

Blogger kate said...
It was a windy day in St. P today...and that made me think of you. I hope good news blows your way next week.


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™