Color days
Monday, August 28, 2006

Starting the 17th of August, D's classroom began having color days. The 17th was Red day . The 18th was Yellow day. The 21st was Blue day. The 22nd was Green day. The 23rd was Orange day. The 24th was Purple day. Ok, so all those were easy breezy because we have really cute outfits in all of those colors. But then came the 25th which was Brown day!

Now, I know that brown is all the rage right now, but my baby girl didn't own one brown thing! So what else could we do? We went shopping! It was so fun. We giggled and laughed up a storm. This is the first time D really got into shopping in a "big girl" sense. She just had to go into the fitting room and try the things on. Then she went out to the three way mirror and looked at her rear view and even shook her bootie to see the ruffles - ruff. I really was surprised at the amount of brown things they had for 5 year olds! Of course some of it was too grownie for my taste. I want her to dress like a little girl as long as possible because I know it won't be long before she is going to have wayyy too many opinions regarding her clothing!

Well, today was Black day. I had already gotten her a pair of those black leggings with the lace bottom to wear under a jean mini-skirt, but we didn't have any summery black for the top. So we went to Targ*t on Saturday and bought her a cute little pink and black striped rugby top to wear today.

Who knows what color day tomorrow will be, we may be shopping again tonight - bummer!
7 Comments:
Blogger Lauren said...
How fun to have color days. We would be in trouble as most of my daughter's wardrobe has pink in it. Still her favorite color and it is hard to get her to wear anything else.

Keep your chin up and I hope the adoption
time flies be so that you can have V home with you.

Blogger Deb said...
Color day sounds like so much fun.
D looks so grown up and little at the same time in that picture. Such a Cutie!

Blogger Lauren & Cupcake said...
Too Cute!!

Blogger Maggie said...
She looks very sweet.

I'm with you on the dress them like kids while they're kids theory. I don't understand this trend of far too adult clothing for little kids.

Blogger C.C. said...
That is so cool. And I love the mommy/daughter time to shop!!!!!

Blogger Melissa said...
Do you dress up in the colors too? Perfect excuse to update your wardrobe. :)

Blogger jessy said...
We did the color day shopping, too. We didn't have brown or black either. I bought the brown "hipster chick" top and brown butterfly embroidered boot cut blue jeans, but when she put it on she said "ooh! I look sexy!" Where did my baby hear such things? The world has already corrupted her! I tried not to fly off the handle--I think I read that in a parenting book--something to the effect that children will learn at an early age not to discuss their sexuality with you if you over react to their natural curiosity and budding sense of self. So I just said, "little girls are not...that word...." I couldn't even bring myself to say it, I'm so inhibited. "Little girls are cute."
Nothing black that was even reasonable for Texas August. So, I ran to W*llm*rt and got some black Hawaiian print and whipped her up a sundress--tied around the neck--precious! May post pic on blog.
I promise you, Kindergarten was never so much fun when I sent my son!


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™