Interesting Article - Language Development and Delays
Thursday, September 14, 2006
I have found this article to be one of the most interesting I've read concerning language development and delays in children adopted from Eastern European orphanages.

We adopted D at an optimum time for language acquisition. But V is going to be around a year older when she comes home and I'm sure we'll have a good bit more language work to do.

I hope this article will be helpful for some of you.

Till later. . .
1 Comments:
Blogger jessy said...
Thanks for the link! As an early childhood educator, I knew that Marina was behind, as far as our standards are concerned. But I didn't have any guage to compare her with other IA's. It is such a relief to know that among her true peers, she is not behind at all--and in some areas--ahead.


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™