A new week
Monday, August 21, 2006
You would think with D starting school I would have had oodles of time to blog and do all kinds of fun things in my freedom. Last week was the busiest week I've had in a long, long time.

D is L-O-V-I-N-G school. She has a great teacher and classroom. She woke up yesterday morning with a runny nose, so I dosed her up with Claritan this morning and sent her on her merry way. She didn't have any fever. I gave her a little personal pack of tissues to keep on her desk. Do you think she'll use them? Probably not, even this precious prissy princess prefers the back of her hand to a nice soft tissue -ugh and double ugh!

Ok, for Lauren, I'm posting my Monday wish for the week ahead. My fervent wish is that our agency will hear that NGO has been approved this week. Please God! Please-Pazhalusta!!

I am so happy for Elle and CS on their court date news, although that was sneaky, sneaky, sneaky the way she told us about it! So many families are moving toward their children.

When will it be our turn? Oh the waiting is so, so hard. Somedays I just feel numb. It has been good to be busy with getting D started in school.

I have also taken on leading my Ladies Sunday School class for the next 8 weeks. Of course they know I could be gone toward the end, but at this point we'll all believe it when we see it. I'm not really teaching. We're doing video lessons. I have been watching the videos and working up "viewing guides" to fill in the blanks during the sessions. So, that has been taking some time in preparing those. The speakers on the video sessions are Beth Moore, Dr. Tony Evans, his wife Lois Evans, Priscilla Shirer and Lisa Whelchel (Blaire from Facts of Life). It is a really great series of lessons and I'm excited about our class doing this.

D was excited this morning about going to what she called her second year of school. She's still working on the concept of days, weeks, months, years. Well, I am too. I can't believe it has been 5 months and 13 days since I last held baby V. D said yesterday, "Baby V is going to turn into a kid before she gets to come home!" It looks like you may be right baby girl.

till later . . .
9 Comments:
Blogger Deb said...
Glad to hear that D is loving school. It's so fun to hear about what they are leaning.
Your Bible study sounds great. Great speakers for your videos.

Blogger Melissa said...
I second the NGO wish. It is so wonderful to hear that D is excited about school.

Blogger 6blessings said...
I'll wish along with you this week. Hopefully baby V will be home before you know it. We're all hoping with you.

Blogger C.C. said...
What's the name of the study you're doing?

Praying for baby V to be with you soon!

Blogger Suz said...
Hey CC! It is from the Desperate for Jesus weekend that was held at Tony Evans' church in July. We are adapting it to fit the SS structure, and I think it's going to work out fine.

Thanks for praying for baby V!!

Blogger Amydeanne said...
just followed a link from CWO. wow. I hope your baby comes home soon! Your D is so precious!

Blogger Dawn said...
That is the one thing I miss about teaching the little ones...they simply adore you! Teaching middle school, well - you know - no hugs or adoration there:-) They show their love in other ways. Must have been a tough day for momma!

Blogger Lauren & Cupcake said...
I don't like Mondays anymore. Thinking there is 4-6 weeks before I can even wait for anything. BUT, in an effort to LOVE Monday's I will gladly wish and wait for your NGO and Rhonda's court date!

Blogger Carolina Mama said...
All the best. It will get here. You're showing the way! Thanks for sharing the speakers. I love Beth Moore and have done several of her studies! :) Your "Baby D" is too cute! God Bless!


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™