Prayerful Monday
Monday, July 31, 2006
I awoke in the night (4:30 a.m.) and instantly this verse came to mind out of nowhere.

Jeremiah 33:3 - "Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know."

Whenever I awaken in the middle of the night, my time calculation skills automatically kick in to decipher what time it is in Russia at that moment. Kind of like when I was in school and my math skills were so sharp in the midst of sleep as I would figure out exactly how many snooze sessions I could hit before I absolutely HAD to wake up! So, in Russia, it was 1:30 in the afternoon when I was awake last night. I prayed like crazy.

It is so hard to understand where the good could be in this wait. What is the good in this for Baby V? It's certainly no picnic for us either. I promise, I am trying to find something good in the midst of it. Here are some of the things I'm trying to see the good through:

  • D starts Kindergarten in 15 days. So, I'll be able to fully concentrate on her big day and focus on her exciting time.
  • When D starts Kindergarten, I'll have all day to get my house prepared for Baby V to come home. All the deep cleaning that is impossible to do with a 5 year old constantly in motion.
  • I can read a little more on toddler attachment and adjustment as V will be a good bit older than D was when she came home (at least 8 months older than D was).
  • I can have lunch with a few friends (while D is at Kindergarten) before I become housebound with bonding time with V.
  • Since D will already be in Kindgergarten when V finally gets home, V and I will have special one on one time right from the start.

We had fun today buying the final bit of D's school supplies . I've always loved buying the supplies and D is just as excited! Her teacher was very specific on brands and such. A few things I'm so surprised we had to buy, copy/printer paper and dry erase markers? Thanks to the Robin Hood plan I guess :o/

till later . . .

5 Comments:
Blogger Deb said...
Copy Paper? My niece (7 & in Guate) has to have one of those little portable drives that just sticks in the computer. I still don't understand that one.
Glad you are trying to find the positive.

Blogger 6blessings said...
Hang in there! God's plans and ways are always best. He woke you for a reason that you may never know or for reasons you may find out. No matter what, He's always at work.

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
new crayola crayons are the best.

Blogger Elle said...
yeah, copy paper is a bit odd. I can see dry erase markers though. Kinda like a box of Kleenex. Schools just don't have the money.

How exciting for D!!! And for you too.

Blogger kate said...
Mmmmm...the smell of new school supplies! Don't you love cracking open the crayons box for the first time?

I think you're first two reasons are especially important. Starting kindergarten is a BIG deal. It's great that you have this time to help your daughter adjust. And, it's just as great that you'll have some time during the day to prepare.

I'll be curious to hear what prompted your mid-sleep prayers. I think sometimes we're closer to God and more easily led when there are no distractions and all our defenses are down--sounds like sleep to me!


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™