An evening with no rain
Friday, June 29, 2007
*edited to remove V's real name - oops! (thanks for catching that Esther) and to clarify that it wasn't OUR agency who received accreditation. It's still a couple months away for us it seems.

We had a great family time tonight.

Finally no rain here and we took advantage of it. Actually we've had two whole days with no rain - unbelievable!

After D's swimming lesson this afternoon, we came home and hubby started a fire in the outdoor firepit that we gave him for Christmas. D kept her swimming suit on from lessons and I went and put my suit on (with cover up - the neighbors just don't need to see that!) We roasted hot dogs over the flame and had a picnic on the patio with hotdogs, tortilla chips, homemade salsa from fresh homegrown tomatoes and a watermelon. We spit watermelon seeds in the yard (yes even we two Southern ladies spat!) We just had a wonderful night. After we got our fill of hotdogs and watermelon, we roasted marshmallows over the fire. D loves to just burn them to a crisp and then catapult them off the roaster tongs out into the yard - she doesn't eat them roasted, only raw. Yum, I love them just a little burny - just where you barely catch it on fire and have to blow it out. After roasting marshmallows we took a little swim in our little WalMart above ground pool.

Hubby had spread a huge double person sized beach towel over the patio table as a table cloth and so the watermelon juice wouldn't get everywhere. Right before we went out to roast the marshmallows, I looked down by my Dixie paper plate and saw a long red thread. I silently picked it up and stuck it on my shirt over my heart (which is what I always do when I find a red thread) and walked out to join my two loves at the firepit. That was *V enjoying the night with us if only in my heart.

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break."
3 Comments:
Blogger Deb said...
What a very special night. Family time is always wonderful. Glad your littlest was there in spirit as well. Soon she'll be home!

Blogger Esther said...
Oh Suz,

I got shivers all over reading about the red thread you found! Also, I just noticed for the first time that you posted V's name. How lovely ;o)

Bless you, Esther
PS..I read your post yesterday about the Accreditation! Congrats! I just wasn't able to post due to my computer cable being on the blitz.....

Blogger Yeah So said...
I love what you did with the thread. How special.


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™