Hello, USCIS?? It's me again . . .
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Yes, our I-171H has officially expired. It died this past Sunday, February 18.
.
I was sorely mistaken and "from memory" thought it expired sometime mid-April! So, when I went to get it out of our dossier folder yesterday, to make a copy of it I was shocked to see that it was expired - the day before!! I counted out those 18-months on my fingers about 6 times to make sure my eyes and mind weren't playing tricks on me.
.
So, while I knew we needed to get it sent in and make sure it got to processing, I thought I had some overlap time! So now I'm jittery to get it done. Used to be that everything was sent to Dallas and processed in Dallas. But now-a'days you send it to Dallas and they send it up to Oklahomie to process it. Happily, though, they have been processing them in about 3 weeks. So, hopefully everything will be ok. What's 3 more weeks in this crazy scheme of things!
.
Anyway, glad to have that thing on it's way. Hope there are no more ice storms up in Oklahomie! Don't want anything to slow down my sweet I-171H!!
.
Oh the stack that application packet made. It's nearly an inch high!
.
Again I say to those just starting out - get a copier/printer I don't know what we'd do without it! The $100 for it, in the whole scheme of this adoption is but a trickle in the bucket-o-funds.
**Edited to answer questions from comments:
Yes, we just filled out the I-600A again, submitted the $545, marriage license, (you'll need divorce decree if you're divorced), passport copies for proof of citizenship, homestudy, copy of social worker's license, copy of agency license, along with copies of the I-171H that has expired and copies of the proof stamp that we had our fingerprints redone in October, I wrote a cover letter.
6 Comments:
Blogger Calico Sky said...
So sorry to hear that you have to get it done again.
Thanks for the great adoption tip!

Blogger U.N. Mama said...
What a pain! :o/ Still praying!

Blogger Maggie said...
Bummer. Hopefully it will come back soon and it will still be hot from USCIS' printer when you get your court date.

Blogger Robin said...
We just had fingerprints redone and the new 171 was here in a week, hopefully it won't take much longer than that for the full thing!

Blogger Lisa said...
Did you just fill out the same I-600A application that you did the first time, or is there a different form for a "renewal"? I'm about to have to do mine too. Just did the fingerprints recently. Lisa

Blogger CA Momma said...
I sooooo second the printer/copier investment advice! You'll need it again for your second and third adoptions too. ;-)


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™