Sending You a Little Christmas
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
I know this song was probably written for a husband on military duty. But every time I hear it I just think of V.

A photograph, a blanket
Some mistletoe, confetti snow,
An angel to put on a tree.
Santa Claus in crayon, To make you smile today;
While you're so far away.

So I'm sending you a little Christmas,
Wrapped up with love.
A little peace, a little light, To remind you of
How I'm waiting for you, praying for you
I wanted you to see.
So I'm sending you a little Christmas,
Till you come home to me.

Some gingerbread, a candy cane
A stocking I made with your name.
I filled it with your favorite things.
A way to say I love you, Like kisses through the air
Hoping you'll feel me there.

Home - into these arms of mine.
Home where you belong.

Home, till you come home, To me.
6 Comments:
Blogger 6blessings said...
I hope everyone is together very, very soon. I'm so sorry for your horrible wait.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
That song is so sweet. It's perfectly applicable.

Blogger Jenni said...
That's beautiful, and very well captures the feelings one has when separated from a loved one at Christmas time.

Blogger Jennefer said...
You know this made me totally cry!

Blogger Suz said...
Every time I hear it, Jen, I wonder if you think the same thing when you hear it. They are playing it all over the place this Christmas.

Blogger Denise :o) said...
Okay, that just made me cry!!


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™