Rockin' Pneumonia and the Paperwork Blues
Saturday, September 30, 2006
Have you noticed how I've just been short, sweet, and to the point in the last few posts?? That is because I have been running around here like a chicken with her head cut off. Ick.

D has the "rockin' pneumonia." Last Friday she started coughing, so I gave her some Claritan before she went to school. When I picked her up that afternoon she was feeling worse and by that night started running a temp. The cough was a yucky seal barking sound. Hubby can't detect a difference in the sound, but as the mommy I can. So, I gave her OTC cold and cough stuff and alternated Motrin and Tylenol to keep her temp down. The highest it got was 102* and that was in the middle of the night Saturday night and she woke up and started acting loopy, and talking real loud like a drunk. So, we had a middle of the night dose then too. Sunday her temp went down to nearly normal and by Sunday night was completely normal. No fever, but still a cough, but not the seal bark cough. She started playing again and acting fine, except for the cough. So, I went ahead and sent her to school Monday morning, but I thought they may call me to come get her. Nope, her teacher said she did fine, just had the cough. Tuesday she woke up with a yucky nose, so I decided to call the doctor. I went ahead and sent her to school since she had no fever, but the cough and yucky nose now. We got in to see the doctor Tuesday afternoon at 4. Guess what, my baby has walking pneumonia! D asked the doctor, "what's rockin' pneumonia?" So we've been singing the song and saying she's got the rockin' pneumonia and the boogie woogie flu! The doctor didn't seem too overly concerned and said the cough will just linger for a while and as long as she is feeling fine, playing etc. and having no fever, she may as well go to school. She is on a strong antibiotic. Apparantly there are two kinds of pneumonia. One that is formed by a bacteria (the one D's got) and another different kind that must be scarier.

On the adoption front, our medicals have expired yet again (they expire every 3 months) and so I spent Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday getting those updated and ready to send to Austin. Thursday I sent the Fed-Ex with a request for 28 fresh apostilles. We also had to get an updated Power of Attorney. I am so thankful that Texas has a $100 limit per adoption for apostilles. We would have spent $280 right there! We even have to have the medicals for D done each time and her doctor is in the "city" about 45 minutes from here in po-dunk. So that's a two day job right there. I did take hers with me on Tuesday when we went to her appointment and she was so good as we did all this paperwork, she got an extra tattoo from the goodie drawer. Hubby and my doctor is here in town, so we were able to do that all on Thursday.

We are so thankful that our agency has received their NGO and are praying so fervently for good news on the #268 front! It was good to read a smidge of good news on this subject on Steve and Stef's blog. This is the first good news I've heard on that topic so I'm hanging on to hope.

I'm just waiting on two more questionnaires back from two blog friends so we can divvy up the names and assign blog pals! Debbie and I are excited to see this take form! I'm glad many of you are participating and excited too. We had a bit of a snag when the questionnaires I sent out ended up in several people's spam folder. I think we've gotten it all straightened out now!

Ok, just heard D cough in her sleep, so I'd better head in there and check her just in case.

Nitey nite.
5 Comments:
Blogger Deb said...
Glad D has only a minor case of pneumonia and can still go to school.

I am looking forward to starting this Blog Pal up. It's going to be fun!

Blogger Calico Sky said...
So sorry about the pneumonia, having had it 5x - it is no walk in the park. Kids are pretty resilient though aren't they?!

I can't wait for the blog pal, roll on Monday

Blogger 6blessings said...
So sorry you're having to deal with sickness and redoing paperwork. The $100 limit is wonderful!! We need that one state north. When Fed-Ex kept all of our paperwork when it was supposed to be in court, we had to redo it all and repay all of the apostilles. We paid around $800-1000 in apostilling alone throughout the adoption and still have post placements to go.

Hope you hear good news soon. I pray that you will be able to go get V very soon!

Blogger Melissa said...
How old is D? I was 4 when I got regular pneumonia. Of course we were nowhere near home when I got it. We were in Chicago in the middle of my cousin's bar mitzvah. Back then doctor's still did house calls and came to the hotel we were at. My grandfather's had to take turns watching me so my parents could be at the reception for at least part of the evening. I always had great timing for getting sick like that.

Glad she is well enough to go to school.

Blogger Jenni said...
TExas has a $100 apostille limit?! That is wonderful! We wound up spending almost $3000 on ours! California is the most expensive apostille state in the nation. Just out luck....

I'm sorry to hear about D's pnuemonia. I hope she is back to her usual self soon.

I'm also sorry about missing the blog pals sign-up! Go on vacation for a week, and you miss all kinds of interesting things!


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™