Good visit with the Realtor
Thursday, August 02, 2007
The Realtor stayed about an hour and a half this morning. She's gone back to the office to run the numbers but her estimate of what we can ask for our house pretty much "as is", is coming in at what we had hoped to get in our most hopeful scenario! If her numbers continue along the lines she is thinking, we will be able to ask 51% more than what we paid for our house right at 5 years ago!

Like I mentioned before, the Oil and Gas business is booming here and people are moving in left and right. Middle class/middle range homes are selling quickly. She actually thinks she may know a buyer already for us. This is what has been happening lately in our town, the sign doesn't even get stuck in the yard before they have a buyer for your house! I'm trying not to get my hopes up and it doesn't help that hubby had to run back to a meeting right after she left and we haven't had a chance to talk.

I just prayed that if it's meant to happen that it will happen quickly and obviously. So, I'll just keep praying along those lines.

She gave us the name of the builder who built their house and his cost per square foot is even lower than the other builder we were thinking of ($59 per square foot). When I watch HGTV, I can't believe the cost of housing in other parts of the country! Of course I'm sure the salaries have to be equally higher there too, but still!

To answer Chelley's question, it will be built just for us. Not a tract home. I guess it would be called a custom home? This is the plan we are looking at for now with a few changes. It will probably end up a little over 2,000 square feet after we add our changes. It's not a mansion, but it has a lot of what we're looking for in a house and we haven't been able to find already built. We figured out we could build brand new, just what we want for the same or less than an already built house the we don't love. So, it's exciting for us.
12 Comments:
Blogger Esther said...
Did you just add music to your blog? Neat!!!

Blogger U.N. Mama said...
Suz: I am so happy for ya'll. You need some happiness! You know I've said it before but living where we do, I can't get over how INexpensive homes are there. Happy for ya'll!

Blogger 6blessings said...
Oh, I love house plans! Thanks for sharing yours. I used to sit and draw them all of the time when I was a kid. Maybe I missed my calling! It looks great!

Blogger Deb said...
That's amazing! 51% above what you bought for. Praise God!

Don't forget the hidden stools on wheels!

Blogger Unknown said...
What an exciting new adventure!! Can't wait to see how the new house comes along. Do you have an approximate time frame of how long it will take to build? I know for most home builders around here (tract homes) you need to start by July to get into your house by Christmas. - So maybe next spring sometime?

The house plan looks so nice! It's amazing that you can build for $59 a square foot. I told my husband we need to move to Texas! Nashville is actually very reasonable compared to many areas, but definitely not that good! :) It will be so much fun to be able to pick out everything on your own! I hope things go smoothly as you get started with the home building process!

Blogger Chelley said...
wow that looks like an awsome house Suz!! I love the way its set out!!!

Def have to take pics of the building stage for all of us!!!!

Blogger Chelley said...
Oh and and house you call home is a mansion...

Blogger Calico Sky said...
I love the music on your blog. Would you mind sharing what it is called?

$59 a square foot??? Here it is $1.58 PER SQUARE FOOT!!!

Blogger Melissa said...
the house looks beautiful

Blogger Becky and Keith said...
I love the house! It's exactly what my husband and I are drawn to when we start our house dreaming. How great that it's going to be a reality! Unfortunately, our housing market is at a stand still. Probably because the traffic is so miserable! :-) I was also glad to read the D is doing well. I figured, at her age, she didn't really remember to much but I'm so unfamiliar with little kids and what they understand and don't! This parenting thing is going to be FUN for me. :-)

Blogger C.C. said...
I love the house plans!


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™