The Meeting
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
We're still digesting things from the meeting yesterday. They talked alot with us about grieving the loss of V.

We discussed what options we have open to us, we didn't learn anything new on that front than what we already knew, but it was good to go over things. For us personally, it comes down to three options, really. 1. Continuing in Russia in a different region 2. Switching over to open-domestic where a birth mother chooses us out of a book 3. Quit.

After we left, hubby and I talked and he said, "ok - if we had to say right this minute what we would do - I'd say go to Russia in the new region, expand our age range and consider being open to a boy or girl" I said, "go to Russia in the new region, raise our age range a bit (not as far as hubby considered) and I'll keep trying to come to terms with switching to the boy or girl thing."

We decided in the meeting that for the month of August we are going to take a break from the pressure of deciding. Nothing can be done in Russia until our agency is re-accredited anyhow.

That's easier said than done, though. We've been "living" adoption for pretty much 7 years! D's adoption process started in 2000. After we got home with her, we concentrated on paying off her adoption so we could start the next. Now we've been in the process of this adoption for 2 1/2 years itself - and counting.

So, we'll see how we do on that. Day by day, one step at a time.
14 Comments:
Blogger C.C. said...
Continuing to pray!

Blogger jessy said...
How do you FEEL about the meeting? What are they telling you about accreditation? Can you not share that?
Suzi, boys are WONDERFUL! Girls are always Daddy's, but boy's have eyes for their mommy alone.

Blogger Becky and Keith said...
How is your daughter doing with everything? I've been thinking a lot about how hard this must be on her, as well. Taking the month off sounds so good. Just detach yourself (easier said than done, right?) and figure out what's in your heart. Wishing you peace in the months to come... Becky

Blogger Elle said...
The break sounds good.

And I'm with Jessy. I know it's a tough choice and all yours to make, but boy are awesome!

Blogger Esther said...
Hang in there. You are being lifted up in prayer. It's OK to not make any decisions right now.

Blogger U.N. Mama said...
Praying. You know personally that I think boys are wonderful, or did my boys scare you? lol

Blogger A said...
I have thought a lot about you this morning...wondering how the meeting went at the agency. I hope you can take the much needed break for the month of August. Peace to you.

Blogger JennStar said...
I think you are making a good decision to try to not think about the next step for a bit. I can imagine that with the grief, that it's overwhelming to think about all of the possibilities. And as a biased mother of 2 boys, a son would be a wonderful addition! In the right timing, you will know how to proceed. Still praying for you.

Blogger D said...
Hey..I had been thinking of you and praying for you and wondering how it went. Hang in there and may God give you wisdom...and comfort.

Blogger Yeah So said...
Well at least you and hubby are pretty much on the same page. And I'm glad you are taking a break - hopefully during August your choice will be much clearer and your energy will be renewed.

Blogger 6blessings said...
I'm sorry the meeting didn't give you any more news. I think it's great that you're going to take August off and think over things, take time to grieve. I think that is good.

I have to agree with Jessy and others about the boy thing. There is something special between a mom and her son(s). Maybe a boy/girl sibling group would be an option, because I know D is wanting a sister. How is she doing?

Praying daily.

Blogger Chelley said...
prayers and hugz and know that what ever comes we will be here for a shoulder to lean on...

Blogger Chelley said...
btw boys are cool!! hehe

Blogger Calico Sky said...
Praying for you.
I heard your agency has a really good Ethiopia program now. People have been having a good experience with the country. I know a lot of Christian families are heading there because of the need of the children.


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™