Happy half-a-birthday V!
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Today my baby V turns 2 1/2. It is just unbelievable. 30 months old.

I was telling a friend today that I feel blessed because God knew all along that she wouldn't come home till she was nearly 3 but I also think he knew we were stubborn enough that he had to give us the referral then (at 12 months old) or we'd stupidly miss the blessing. If we received her referral at this age now (30 months), and at this tiny size and with her history and current diagnoses, we would probably have been scared to death and declined the referral.

I believe we've also been blessed because we have photos of her from that first databank picture when she was a tiny baby; photos of her at 11 months (our referral pictures); photos at 13 months on our first trip; photos at 20 months old on our visit trip; and blessedly the new databank photo that I found a couple months ago. We also feel like we have known her most of her life even though she hasn't been here with us.

So, V, although Mommy wants you to come home sooner than soon, I'm doing ok today, but missing you with all my heart!


"For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! " Psalm 139:13-17
5 Comments:
Blogger Becky and Keith said...
Suz - Your strength is absolutely inspiring! I'm so glad I found your blog because it is going to be a great place to come when I'm feeling down and need a pick-me-up. Happy half-a-birthday to V! :-)

Blogger Unknown said...
Wow, all those pics really are a blessing. The earliest pic we have of our D is from the databank, we are guessing maybe 4 or 5 years old. I really wish we could have some earlier pics. As it is, the director of the orphanage gave us the pics that were in her file - maybe 6 years old. These are likely the only early pics we will ever see.

Blogger Jennefer said...
You are right. She was meant for you! There is a light at the end of this waiting tunnel!

Blogger Deb said...
Happy 2 1/2 V! Praying your home well before your 3rd.
So glad you have all the pics and are able to see them as a blessing.

The verse is amazing. I'm guessing that's the amplified. Wonderful!

Blogger Robin said...
Suz - I constantly admire your ability to endure. V is such a lucky little girl!


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™