Thanking God for little blessings . . .
Sunday, May 07, 2006

Last night as D and I were rocking before bedtime, hubby and I were watching a Billy Graham DVD of his visits to Russia and his being allowed to minister in Russia .

Anyhow, as D and I were rocking she was seeing the scenes of Moscow and Red Square. A few minutes went by and she said, "That's where I was born."

" Yes baby, that's where you were born - in Russia", I answered.

A few minutes later, we're still rocking and she asks, "What does it mean to get born?"

Oh boy, I thought, here we go. The big tummy talk! She still doesn't know that babies come from mommies' tummies.

"Well, baby girl", I say, "it means when you came into the world."

"Oh", she says around the thumb in her mouth. We rock on.

"Mommy", she says, "when I was a baby in Russia, I was so happy when you came to get me."

Tears well up in my eyes as I say, "We were so happy to get you too!" "Mommy and Daddy prayed for a really long time for God to give us a baby girl and finally He said yes and I'm so thankful."

"Mommy, why are you crying?"

"Because I love you so much, and I'm remembering how sad I was before you were able to come home. "

Then she reached up and touched my cheek with her little hand and said, "I love you so much too, Mommy."

That's what it's all about!

Till later . . .
3 Comments:
Blogger Maggie said...
The quiet moments are the best, aren't they?

Blogger Brian & Rebeca said...
Beautiful Moment - I hope to have some similar sometime. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, it was also very special.

Blogger Jennefer said...
That is a very sweet moment.


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™