A year ago today. . .
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
*A year ago today, May 2, 2005, we began the process of the adoption of our second daughter from Russia. Overall, it really has flown past. True, there have been periods of intense waiting and waiting but the most intense waiting is RIGHT NOW!
*We have been home from our first trip for 7 weeks and 3 days. That is nearly 2 months people! My baby V is growing and changing and she's half a world away. When you're are measuring the life of a child in months - 7 weeks and 3 days is a very long time. I was reading Caroline's blog this morning about her new baby boy rocking himself to sleep and it just breaks my heart knowing that baby V is rocking herself when I could be rocking her instead. When we were visiting her, she had a couple of periods of rocking back and forth when it seemed we were overwhelming her with dozens of toys, two english speaking adults and and a five year old in her face. Reading others' blogs (and the comments of others) is really helping me - it's therapeutic . I'm so glad Lauri commented that Olivia had periods of rocking. Our older daughter, D, did not rock at all, so it is going to be a new experience for me to deal with. I think Caroline did the absolute right thing and anytime baby V rocks herself - once she is ours, I plan to pick her up and do the rocking for her. My arms ache to rock her now.
*Of course yesterday and today would have to be Russian holidays with no chance of getting a court date. Then again next Monday and Tuesday are holidays too.
*I feel a little blue today. I have to keep reminding myself that we really actually went to Russia 8 weeks ago and met this precious little baby girl. I have her pictures all around the house just to remind myself that she is real. How much will she have changed in 7 weeks 3 days and counting??
*Sunday night at church, my eyes started wandering to different verses than what the preacher was talking about. I ended up reading this verse and the commentary in the margin and it fit us to a T:
Isaiah 30:18
Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you;
he rises to show you compassion.
For the Lord is a God of justice,
Blessed are all who wait for him!
What does it mean to wait for the Lord? It means to trust him
when a situation looks hopeless - even when it seems he is gone.
We're waiting, Lord! Sometimes not so patiently and sometimes it does feel like you're gone, but still we wait - trusting you.
Till later . . .
1 Comments:
Blogger Deb said...
Just found your blog! D is so cute. That verse is perfect thanks for sharing it. Looking forward to hearing more of your journey and praying you get that court date soon.


Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™