Our Story
Sunday, April 30, 2006
On Tuesday (May 2) we will have been in the process of this second adoption for a year. It has really passed quickly, or so it seems. However, the last 7 weeks have been the slowest yet.

Having already adopted before, it wasn't a new process and some of the anticipation and excitement was missing that we had during the first adoption. Plus, having a 4/5 year old kept me so busy throughout that time went by more quickly I suppose.

Anyhow, we submitted our dossier to the region at the first of December and had our referral, (all we knew was that she was a 12 month old baby girl named "V" and a tiny amount of medical background) in the first week of February of this year. We traveled three weeks later for our first trip and we've now been home from our first trip for 7 weeks.

We did take our five year old daughter, D, on our first trip and she had a wonderful time. We are adopting from the same city she is from and she enjoyed seeing her birth city but mostly she enjoyed seeing all the snow! Where we live, it rarely snows and even then if 1/2 inch sticks we've got a blizzard on our hands. So she had a blast with all the snow! D went with us to all our official appointments, even to the MOE. We also visited the orphanage where she lived the first 11 months of her life. Her sister-to-be is in a different babies home.

When we returned home we needed to redo most of our dossier and include even more specific forms for this region. Things have changed an awful lot in the 4 1/2 years since we adopted before.

We hope to hear very soon that we have a court date scheduled. This waiting phase of the adoption process is the hardest of all. We've got V's room all prepared and ready for her to come home! I've got all the clothes out of storage and washed and put away just waiting for her. We've gotten all the baby toys out and cleaned up - just waiting for her!

D has had a big time playing with all her old baby toys that she doesn't remember anymore - they're all new to her. This morning while I was in the shower & getting ready for church, D climbed into the exersaucer and was watching Stanley on Playhouse Disney. She was hollering for me when I turned off the water because her 38 pound long legged body was stuck in the little cloth seat designed for a MUCH smaller child! Anyhow, it's big fun around our house these days.

I hope that I can keep up with this blog. I imagine once we get baby home, I'll have much less time to blog, but I'll do my best to keep it up. I find it is so encouraging to read everyone's blogs about their adoptions, it helps to know that we're all in this together.

Till later. . .

Online Degree Programs
Locations of visitors to this page
Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™